Comfort, conviviality and authenticity: a jewel of ladakhi architecture featuring 4 traditional rooms and 5 tents in the heart of a vast property in Ladakh, at 45 minutes of Leh
Nimmu House is the biggest house of Nimmu village and a real masterpiece of ladakhi architecture that will bring you in a traditional, relaxing and peaceful journey. The property features two Buddhist temples, a stable with yaks, dzos, cows and goats, a rooftop, a terrace with long chairs and a 4,500 square meters orchard with hammocks to relax and hundreds of fruit trees (apricot, apple, walnut). All the ingredients to make it a little piece of heaven on earth!
Staying at Nimmu House
You can stay in one of our 4 rooms or one of our 5 tents, each of them being decorated with taste and respect to ladakhi traditions. Situated at an altitude of only 3,100m, Nimmu House is the ideal place disconnect from busy cities and immerse in ladakhi culture, visit monasteries in the region, trek on the himalayan paths or practice yoga and meditation. All reservations include breakfast and dinner (half-board; a full board formula is also possible upon request at reservation for an extra INR 700 per person per day (INR 350 for children)) which are prepared with fresh and local products.
You will love Nimmu House if:
- you want to disconnect from the fast modern world
- you like staying at a ‘guesthouse’ offering comfort and family feel
- you want to connect with traditional Ladakh and disconnect from the modern and hectic lifestyle
- you are sensitive to the preservation of traditional buildings and sustainable tourism
- you love spending time in a peaceful and quiet environment to reconnect with yourself and nature
- you have a soft corner for light sports (yoga, walking, rafting, etc.)
- you love travelling with your family and let your kids get in touch with nature